Sunday, August 19, 2012

Project Life-Extra Inserts

Good morning! Today I wanted to talk about extra inserts in my Project Life. I love adding extra inserts to my weeks, rather I include an extra page protector to hold extra pictures & journaling or include brochures and pamphlets from trips we took this summer. In January I included a baseball card page protector where I included 8 things that I was into and on the other side I included 8 things about my Hubby. I like this idea and hope to do it again later in the year. I can't wait to look back one day and see what we were interested in. Plus it's a great way for our girls to know what interested us at a certain time. So today I want to show you an extra insert I did using the baseball card page protector. I wanted to document the girl's rooms. How cool is this going to be in ten to twenty years? I plan on doing this every few years. On one side I did Addison's room and on the other I did Emily's. I took 7 to 8 photos capturing all the parts of their room from their bed and bookshelves to their closet and stuffed animals. I did a little journaling and I decorated it with paint chip cards to document their room color scheme. I took a small square punch and punched out a small square from each paint chip. I also included fabric from their quilts and a monogram so you knew who's page was who's. I love the way it turned out. I hope I've inspired you to document room's in your home. Please leave me a comment telling me what extra things you included in your Project Life. 

Tara






2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog via pinterest! I love your PL pages! Such a great idea to document your kids rooms! I host a weekly PL Blog Hop over on my blog each Saturday. You can check it out here:http://michellebostinelos.com/blog/category/saturday-project-life-blog-hop/ I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a future blog hop. Contact me if you are and I can give you some more details. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through pinterest too and love it. This is such a colourful spread! I love the photos and the idea of photographing their rooms. I use inserts if I have too many photos of one event/week/month.

    ReplyDelete